Sunday, August 16, 2015

August Meditations

Feeling nostalgic about summer nearing its end, and playing around with photography and flowers from my yard.


"Whilst August yet wears her golden crown,
Ripening fields lush- bright with promise;
Summer waxes long, then wanes, quietly passing
Her fading green glory on to riotous Autumn."
- Michelle L. Thieme, August's Crown



"Let me enjoy this late-summer day of my heart while the leaves are still green and I won't look so close as to see that first tint of pale yellow slowly creep in. I will cease endless running and then look to the sky ask the sun to embrace me and then hope she won't tell of tomorrows less long than today. Let me spend just this time in the slow-cooling glow of warm afternoon light and I'd think I will still have the strength for just one more last fling of my heart."
- John Bohrn, Late August



"Summer's lease hath all too short a date."
- William Shakespeare


Thanks for joining me today.



Sharing with: Natasha in Oz, Share It One More Time, Between Naps on the Porch
, New House New Home, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, StoneGable, Domestically Speaking, The Dedicated House, Ivy and Elephants, Savvy Southern Style, My Own Home, Think and Make Thursday at Dwell Beautiful, The Charm of Home, French Country Cottage, Shabby Art Boutique, Elizabeth & Co

6 comments: