Thursday, February 6, 2014

U*S*A!! U*S*A!!

Who loves the Olympics?

I am proof that a person can have not one single athletic gene and still sit in front of the tv, enthralled, for two weeks straight watching sports.


What is this phenomenon? Is it admiration for people who have talents I could never hope to possess? Is it a dormant sense of patriotism that comes flooding out? Is it the personal stories of athletes who have given their blood, sweat and tears to their sport since they were children? I suppose it's all of these things.

To celebrate the spirit of the games, here are some healthy Olympic Rings snacks that are on the menu at my house this week.


I used blueberries, olives, tomatoes, strawberries, cheese, pineapple, broccoli and cucumbers. You can substitute your favorite items for each ring. Some examples might be:
Blue - purple grapes, blue corn chips
Black - black raspberries, raisins
Red - cherries, red pepper, red raspberries
Yellow - yellow pepper, bananas, tortilla chips
Green - celery, green pepper, sugar snap peas, kiwi

And of course, you could always go the not-so-healthy route with candy, where the options abound.
Have fun, and cheer on our athletes!

Linked with http://www.commonground-do.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hey there my daughter :-) So, I just have to tell you that in my private practice (counseling office) I have a glass plaque on the table which has your same George Eliot quote on it...and the company that I use to sublease office space to other therapists in that suite is called...Renaissance...Go figure. Anyway, love your blog...and thinking of you...Love, Suzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzi,
      Wow, what a wonderful surprise to read your comment! And those coincidences with the quote and 'Renaissance'- there must be some serenidipity between us ;)
      Love ya!

      Delete