Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring is Bustin' Out All Over

It was 12 degrees outside this morning, and there's a chance of snow in the forecast here in Nebraska...

But Spring always comes...faithfully every year. So we continue to hope that one of these days it will be warm, and stay warm. Inside my house, the transition to happy colors and new life has begun.


The mantle got a seasonal refresh. I'm loving this buttery golden yellow right now, so I used that as my punch of Spring color. Faux forsythia branches give that fluid movement that I love, and I plucked the rabbit statue from outside.


These chickens came all the way from Rothenburg, Germany when my mom and I traveled to Europe years ago. I still like their wild, fuzzy look, and they make an Easter appearance each year.


I found some fun old gardening tools at my favorite local antique shop. Along with the seed packets and yellow pot, they hint of the promise of flowers and fresh vegetables. I added some ivory berries to my Spring wreaths from last year, which echo the colors of the fireplace brick, cloche base and rabbit.


I unpacked my silver bird statue and set a faux fern next to him for texture and filler.




























Of course, the wall vases needed to be dressed for the season too. I started with mossy curly willow branches, and added faux pussy willow and a pop of yellow.


The soft-yellow pillow was actually the inspiration for this color palette. And can you even believe that until now I was a flameless candle virgin? I don't know why I didn't join this club sooner. With a flip of the switch, it burns...how great! :) The butterfly picture is something I bought last year...must have been a premonition about the color yellow.


This room is now ready for warmer weather...bring it on, Mother Nature!!



























Sharing with: Finding Silver Pennies, DIY Show Off, Nifty Thrifty Things, Pink When, http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/, http://betweennapsontheporch.net/, http://www.niftythriftythings.com/nifty-thrifty-sunday-148/, http://www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com/, A Stroll Thru Life, Coastal Charm, Confessions of a Plate Addict, Cozy Little House, Our Home Away From Home, Lamberts Lately, The Style Sisters, Ivy and Elephants, Revisionary Life, Common Ground, French Country Cottage, Life in Velvet, Shabby Art Boutique, Simple Details, Pieced Pastimes

27 comments:

  1. I'm loving all of your spring touches! I adore the changes you made on your mantel for the new season...if it ever gets here outside. :-) The willow branches are so fun and add such great texture to your arrangements. Love the gardening elements under your cloche. And your silver bird is simply wonderful!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by again, Mary Alice :) we are all more than anxious for Spring!

      Delete
  2. What darling chicks! Wild and fuzzy is a good look on them! ~Ann
    Tarnished Royalty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! Those chicks do have personality ;)
      Thanks for dropping in and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love your spring vignettes. The mantel is gorgeous. Very creative to use two windows. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Spring! Your cloche is clever, and I noticed your butterfly picture is on one of my favorite books, Readers Digest, to collect for the awesome book cover patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's interesting about the butterfly picture! I'll have to see if I can find that. Thanks for the compliments :)

      Delete
  5. I love your window and wreaths. And your fuzzy little chicks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cindy! I appreciate your stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  6. Those chickens are so darn adorable. Love your spring mantel.
    Visiting from Common Ground today.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Michele! Wow, your vintage crafts are just beautiful! I'm so glad you stopped by and we found each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could not locate your email address. Just wanted you to know that you've been featured today on my weekly Welcome Wagon Friday post, where I introduce new bloggers to my readers. You should be receiving visitors shortly. Welcome to our neighborhood!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! What a wonderful surprise! Thank you SO much Brenda :)

      Delete
  9. Julie, what a pretty and cheerful space you have created. I love the touches of yellow and of spring, it gives me hope that nice weather is actually on it's way!!! Thanks so much for sharing at Best of the Nest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lisa! We are all trying to usher warm weather in with our projects...hurry up, Spring!

      Delete
  10. I love all your touches of Spring especially all the yellow but, I think I like your mantel best. Especially the cute little chicken and duck.... very pretty.. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy. Those little chicks definitely add some fun to the season! So glad you stopped by :)

      Delete
  11. LOVE your gorgeous mantel and wall vases! What a great way to incorporate your adorable chickens from Germany! Thanks so much for linking up to Thursday STYLE :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, Angela. You know how to host a great party :) Happy Spring!

      Delete
  12. oh my gosh, that chicken is just the cutest! great Spring Mantel, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debra! Everyone needs a little whimsy once in awhile ;)

      Delete
  13. I LOVE your decorations for Spring and the moss on the flower pot is wonderful! Excited to meet you tomorrow at BBCSTL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie! Super excited to meet you too!

      Delete
  14. I'm late to the party, but had to tell you how much I love this! What a beautiful mantle...and I adore the chick under glass! *giggle* You have such a fabulous eye, gf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! This was something I re-posted because it's one of my favorites ;)

      Delete
  15. I love what you've done here...some very unique touches here! Each piece makes its own unique statement and has its own interesting details to entice the eye. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete