Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pop Art Seat Cushion

My craft room was crying out for some fun in the decor department. After all, what happens in that room is fun, am I right?

It was starting to feel a little too suave and debonair for its own good :) I mean, French-inspired stencil on the wall, pink ghost chair, hammered silver lamp and antique mirror...come on, now!

It was time to ratchet-up the whimsy factor...add some color, take a detour from the sophistication.


This chair came with a very generic white cushion. It looked like a blank canvas/invitation to me. (And the worst that could happen in the event of a project-fail would be to order a replacement generic white cushion.)


So I got busy with my sketch pad, color chips and paint brushes. And here is what I came up with!


I wish I had a natural artistic gift, but this is the extent of my talents to date (still honing my skills, for sure.) Overall, I love how it turned out, though! It is colorful and fun, and the mix of acrylic paint with fabric medium should hold up well under my busy buns. Also, it is hiding behind the craft table, so all of that splashy color can't scream at you as you walk into the room. Sneaky, huh?


I also want to show you my latest acquisition from a local artisans market. This hand-crafted little wooden number had me at "mermaid". Seriously, how could I leave without buying it? I found the perfect spot for it in the craft room and plan to add a storage piece beneath it. The crafter had other mermaid pieces and lots of fun art with owls and assorted critters. Her business is Whimsy Creations and you can find her on Facebook.


Ok, so now I'm going to put my artsy butt on that cushion and get busy creating some more shmancy stuff :)


Sharing with Elizabeth & Co, Ivy and Elephants, My Paper Craze, DIY by Design, The Dedicated House, Average But Inspired, The Well-Groomed Home, Share Your Cup Thursday, Nancherrow, Redoux Interiors, French Country Cottage, Shabby Art Boutique, Simple Details, Jennifer Rizzo, Pieced Pastimes, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Amaze Me Monday, Between Naps on the Porch, Domestically Speaking, A Stroll Thru Life, Cozy Little House, Confessions of a Plate Addict, Coastal Charm,

No comments:

Post a Comment