Monday, September 14, 2015

September Meditations

I enjoyed creating the August Meditations so much that I decided to make it a monthly project. For September, I built my vignette around dark autumnal colors, metallic finishes, art, and texture.


"But now in September the garden has cooled, and with it my possessiveness. The sun warms my back instead of beating on my head ... The harvest has dwindled, and I have grown apart from the intense midsummer relationship that brought it on."
- Robert Finch



"Smoke hangs like haze over harvested fields,
The gold of stubble, the brown of turned earth
And you walk under the red light of fall
The scent of fallen apples, the dust of threshed grain
The sharp, gentle chill of fall.
Here as we move into the shadows of autumn
The night that brings the morning of spring
Come to us, Lord of Harvest
Teach us to be thankful for the gifts you bring us ..."
- Autumn Equinox Ritual


September's Baccalaureate
A combination is
Of Crickets - Crows - and Retrospects
And a dissembling Breeze

That hints without assuming -
An Innuendo sear
That makes the Heart put up its Fun
And turn Philosopher.
- Emily Dickinson


September: it was the most beautiful of words, he’d always felt,
evoking orange-flowers, swallows, and regret.
– Alexander Theroux



Sharing with: DIY by Design, Ivy and Elephants, Share Your Cup,
A Delightsome Life, Houseologie, Shabby Art Boutique, French Country Cottage, Our Crafty Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment