Friday, September 18, 2015

Hearth Room Dressed for Fall

Haven't all of the blogger home tours been great lately? It's so much fun to get a glimpse into other creative people's homes! Here at Renaissance Mermaid, I've been working on some Fall touches of my own.

Our hearth room is the easiest to decorate...it has a fireplace mantel and my beloved wall vases that I change with the seasons. And these photos also give you a peek at the new floors I alluded to in a post about my entryway (you can read it here.)


Lately, I'm a fan of subdued decor for the seasons and holidays. It has to do with not spending a lot of money and liking a tasteful, minimal approach. My go-to decor piece lately is branches. I love the way they add movement, texture, and interest without being too bold. In this room, I've used them on the mantel, in the wall vases, and on the coffee table.


You may have seen these brass antelope in my September Meditations post. They are on the move this season :)


Here, I've combined branches from the yard with faux thistle and feathers for my Fall wall vases.


I'm loving these zebra pillows from Chairish...as far as I'm concerned, animal prints are neutrals, for sure!


And this pheasant art piece was something I found last year at a local consignment shop. It adds another little jolt of deep orange to my mostly-neutral room.


Do you like our greyhound bookends? I have to use restraint where greyhound decor items are concerned. I suppose a little goes a long way..."sigh". This cute brass box called my name at a thrift store when I was on the hunt for something else.


I recently moved the bookshelves from other rooms into this space. I have no idea why this light-bulb moment took so long to strike me. The bookshelves fill up the corners nicely and add some much-needed visual weight.


Something I want to work on is making this room one that we use more. For some reason (no tv in here?), it seems to be a space we look at and walk through more than sit in. Maybe ottomans in front of the chairs would help...hmmm, dilemmas of the empty nest...


Thanks for joining me on my mini-tour.


Sharing with Weekend Craft, Ivy and Elephants, DIY by Design, Share Your Cup, Common Ground, A Delightsome Life, Houseologie, French Country Cottage, The Charm of Home, Shabby Art Boutique, Pieced Pastimes, Natasha in Oz Between Naps on the Porch, Dwellings the Heart of Your Home, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, Stone Gable

No comments:

Post a Comment