Monday, October 12, 2015

Elevate the Look: Desk Chair

This wooden folding chair was cast off and unloved when I found it on sale at an antique shop for $9. It works well with our clean-lined black desk and just needed a little TLC.


I started with some metallic gold paint on the seat, and after taping that off I spray painted the rest of the chair black. When the tape was removed, however, some of the gold came with it. I wasn't sure if the distressed look was good...or not so great.

While tossing that around in my head, I knew that leaving the entire seat gold was going to be too much bling, though. So I needed to decide between black, or ivory to tie in with the cabinets and trim in the room. (I had also considered a pop of aqua or persimmon, but that would have required my incorporating more color into the space, and at this point I don't have the mental energy to go there, haha.) In the end, ivory was the clear winner...black would have looked too "checkerboard", I think.


My husband ended up liking the look of the distressed gold, so I left that alone. Truth be told, I have a habit of rotating things in, out, and through this house often, so it probably isn't worth stressing too much over a $9 chair and a little paint ;) It does look better than it did before, so that's a thumbs up in my book.



Sharing with: Between Naps on the Porch, Dwellings the Heart of Your Home, The Dedicated House, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, A Delightsome Life, I Gotta Create, Ivy and Elephants, Houseologie, French Country Cottage, Shabby Art Boutique, My Thrift Store Addiction

No comments:

Post a Comment