Friday, October 23, 2015

From White to Bright with Chairish

I'm teaming up with Chairish.com again to create another style board, using a few of the great pieces that are currently available on their site. If you would like to read about Chairish and view my previous style board, you can find it here: Discovering Chairish.

This time, I was asked to create a design scheme based on an accent chair (see selection here), and to take a room from white to bright. My inspiration began with these Bergere chairs, because a bright pop of orange can be so playful! The French styling is very transitional, in my opinion, and is mixable with many other styles.


I next selected the Peacock Garden painting with its orange tie-in to the chairs and gorgeous teals and blues. (Orange and blue are complementary colors on the color wheel, so this makes for a nice balance.) From there, I went "shopping" to build my virtual room. I envision these pieces in a space with moody paint (deep blue?) and rich woods. The dramatic black sideboard is one of my signatures...if you read my blog, you know how important I consider black in design. The Turkish rug is an overdyed beauty which incorporates the teal color in a luxurious, textural way.

Making a statement with Asian influence is the lotus brass chandelier and ornate mirror. For accessories, I found a contemporary figure drawing (to keep the scheme from feeling too heavily-traditional) and a brass mask to echo the faces in the drawing. The lamp is lucite, which provides a visually lightweight, sleek feel with a black shade, which relates to the sideboard. Pillows, vibrant coral, and a Chinese ceramic blue and white planter complete the look. If I were designing this room in "real life", I'd add some beautiful books and fresh flowers, pulling tones from the artwork (think orange, magenta, plum....)

The possibilities for creating stunning rooms are endless with Chairish's extensive and ever-changing inventory of furniture, décor, lighting, and rugs. They made a customer out of me after I created the Discovering Chairish inspiration board. If you've never visited Chairish.com, I encourage you to head over there. Hundreds of treasures are awaiting you!

Thank you, Chairish, for allowing me to create and share some design inspiration once again :)


Sharing with: Pieced Pastimes, Between Naps on the Porch, Dwellings the Heart of Your Home, Cozy Little House, Ivy and Elephants, Share Your Cup, Shabby Art Boutique

No comments:

Post a Comment