Tuesday, September 6, 2016

#sunporchgoals

Summer is quickly slipping away...sigh. Did you get to do all of the fun things on your list? We didn't have an extensive list of want-to-do's this year, as we were busy updating rental properties and our basement. Luckily, I have a couple of trips scheduled for this fall, so I won't have to feel too sorry for myself ;)

One of the things I really want to fit in before cold weather sets in, though, is to spend some time relaxing on our sun porch. In the heat of the summer, it's just too hot out there; and in the winter, it's definitely not an option! But, when the weather is pleasant, the sun porch is like an oasis where we can enjoy the sights and sounds of the seasons and nice cross-breezes wafting through the windows. It's my favorite spot for reading a good book or thumbing through a magazine (if I can stay awake long enough, haha.)

The furnishings we currently have on the sun porch are really comfortable, but they're dated and pretty worn out. I've been dreaming up a design scheme for this space with new furniture, accessories, and lighting in the hopes that very soon we can do a refresh out here. I'd love to create a higher-end look with more substantial pieces. Here is a peek at the current situation:


And here is my vision for the new design:


The color scheme would pretty much remain the same...neutral upholstered pieces, green accents, and black, iron, and wood finishes. I'd add a little teal to tie in with the rooms indoors, which are accessed through French doors and can be seen from out here. In my fantasy space, I've combined outdoor furnishings from Arhaus with accessories and decor from various sources. These furniture pieces would weather much better than what is out here now, none of which was designed for harsh sun or extreme temperature fluctuations. And they look so much more sophisticated, don't they? I took a less-is-more approach with accessories and décor in the new design...again, it lends itself to a higher-end feel.

If you'd like to shop this look, here is a list of resources:

Arhaus: Spinnaker Outdoor Slipcovered Chaise in Sail Sailor, Spinnaker Outdoor Slipcovered Swivel Chair in Sail Sailor, Crete Outdoor 26" End Table, Bordeaux Outdoor Reconstructed Stone End Table, Reeve Outdoor Large Lantern, Balor Table Lamp, Iron Console Table
Crate and Barrel Dundee Floor Planter
Wayfair H. Potter Rectangular Terrarium
Artcraft Lighting AC10015 Castello Chandelier
Joss & Main Hudson Indoor/Outdoor Rug
Frontgate Tangier Stripe Lagoon Outdoor Pillow (green, on chaise)
Houzz Indoor-Outdoor Pillows (patterned teal/green on chaise)
Zazzle.com Simple Green Leather Texture Print Black Frame Outdoor Pillow (monogram)

I'm planning to do some relaxing out here and fantasizing about this new look over the long weekend. I hope you enjoy these late summer days before they slip away, Friends.
Julie


I was not compensated for writing this post. The opinions are completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment