Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Little Touch of Spring

Winter is the season that I am always SO ready to leave behind. Here in Nebraska, winter is cold, gray and harsh. And I've lived here my entire life...that's 52 Nebraska winters...bleh.

Needless to say, spring is always a huge mood booster for me.

As far as my decor goes, though, I'm not quite ready to bust out the faux forsythia branches or bird-patterned throw pillows just yet. I have this weird quirk that makes me want to change all of my seasonal decor in one fell swoop...and not until it (at least almost) feels like the season.

But it seems like the rest of the world is forging ahead, strongly afflicted with spring fever! And I hate to be left behind...

My home is largely decorated in neutrals and black with splashes of green. So I'm continuing this theme and bringing in some spring elements like the bird, bird's nest and topiary.


I also scavenged the house for little treasures for "filler" in my vignette. The picture of my daughter, which is one of my favorites from a few years back, adds some sparkle and life. And one of my very favorite accessories is this black hand. I display it all year...it holds a special item for each season and holiday.


So here is my offering of just a little touch of spring. I hope you enjoy it.


Sharing with:
StoneGable
Cozy Little House
A Stroll Through Life
Lavender Garden Cottage
City Farmhouse
Ivy and Elephants
Style Sisters
French Country Cottage
Common Ground
Life in Velvet
Revisionary Life
Lamberts Lately
From My Front Porch to Yours

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Deb! And thanks for hosting a great party.

      Delete
  2. Lovely vignette, especially the bird in the hand! Wishing you a happy early Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara. And happy early Spring to you too!!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful idea! I love the nest in the urn! I've seen it in a wreath before....but the urn is perfect!

    Thanks for inspiring me today!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always inspired by you, too, KariAnne :)

      Delete
  4. Oh what a lovely vignette. Love the touch of bling. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting a great party, Marty! And your home is lovely, by the way.

      Delete
  5. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush! LOVE this charming and whimsical vignette, Julie. Thanks for sharing it at Thrifty Life Thursday! - Revi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, again, Revi. I love that you emphasize vintage, repurposed and thrifted finds for all of us who enjoy that style and the thrill of the hunt :)

      Delete
  6. The tray is the a perfect starting point for this lovely vignette. Love the bird in the hand - a little playfulness with a vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Donna! I absolutely love your postcard with the dancer ;)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous! I really love a bird in the hand :) Thanks so much for linking up at Thursday STYLE! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your vignette looks so pretty! Thanx for sharing at THT.

    ReplyDelete