Wednesday, July 15, 2015

(Can You Believe?) Even More Entryway Updates!

I think I can finally say that our entryway is now thoroughly designed, painted, accessorized, buffed, and fluffed to my satisfaction...hooray!


The most recent projects I've completed have been to paint the stairway handrail black for visual weight and flair, and also to tie in with the black accents that appear throughout the house. I'm quite a black-devotee and am loving the result...it's like adding the perfect belt or scarf to an outfit, you know?


And the big-bang project has been the installation of new engineered hardwood floors throughout the entry, kitchen, hearth room and bathroom (more posts on those rooms to come.) You can see that we went slightly lighter than what was previously in the entry. When selecting a finish, I had three considerations to take into account. First, all of the trim in the house is stained a medium, somewhat cool grayish tone (which I am not a fan of but will remain.) Second, Mario the greyhound, and our kids' dogs who visit regularly, have destructive toenails. And third, the part of the house that got new flooring lacks in good natural light.

Before

After

So I selected this distressed look in a lighter shade and varied tone, which hides flaws and blends with the existing trim. We are really enjoying the new look, and it is performing pretty well with daily wear-and-tear so far. I've taken a cleaner, more minimal approach with this entry facelift which I plan to continue in other rooms. It feels good to have this area of the house pulled together.....And that's a wrap!



Sharing with The Dedicated House, Ivy & Elephants
, Share Your Cup, Think and Make Thursday, Common Ground, The Charm of Home, French Country Cottage,
Nancherrow, Shabby Art Boutique
Between Naps on the Porch

No comments:

Post a Comment