Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Lush Autumn Centerpiece

In thinking about how to add some impact to my very monochromatic living/dining room area, I decided it was time to infuse the space with a little seasonal color. I had two goals when planning a centerpiece for the dining room table: add drama (in other words, "go big or go home") and spend $0.00.


So, I began gathering all sorts of faux branches, berries, leaves, moss, etc. that were in storage from last year, and also some drying hydrangea from the back yard, and I set to work. There was a flurry of activity as I poked, glued, and fluffed stems into a favorite green glass urn.


Take a look at the glass Chinese lanterns draping over the pumpkins...ok, I confess, these are new this year. But they were only $3.50 a stem at a consignment store. There were only two available...I would have bought scads a few more if I could have.


I do think I succeeded at creating a dramatic effect here...(too dramatic?) Either way, this centerpiece will add color and life to the room until after Thanksgiving.


Thanks for stopping by today.


Sharing with Ivy and Elephants, Common Ground, Share Your Cup, Average But Inspired, Anderson+Grant, Between Naps on the Porch, The Charm of Home, French Country Cottage, Shabby Art Boutique, Pieced Pastimes, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Natasha in Oz, Rustic & Refined, Dwellings the Heart of Your Home, Domestically Speaking, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, StoneGable, The Dedicated House, Dream Create Inspire, The Bajan Texan

No comments:

Post a Comment