Saturday, November 7, 2015

Personalized Place Settings for the Thanksgiving Table

If you visited my blog last year at this time, you may remember my post about using quotes at our Thanksgiving table (Thanksgiving Blessings Place Cards.) This year, I'm taking the idea one step further...

I found a poem online by an unknown author, entitled "Be Thankful". By taking the verses apart, I was able to match them nicely with the circumstances of each of my family members.


After working a little bit of simple Photoshop magic, I used each quote and an oak leaf design and framed them individually. Our tradition has been to go around the holiday table and read them aloud in lieu of saying a prayer...it works for us :)


Since I am using the framed quotes this year, it gave me the opportunity to create different place cards as well. To make these, I traced pre-cut leaf shapes (purchased at Michael's) onto perforated cross-stitch paper, and then painted them with copper craft paint. Next, I stitched each person's name on a leaf and glued it to the wooden shape for stability.


You could easily use the wooden shapes and a sharpie for a quicker and simpler project. I just so happen to love to cross stitch...and I tend to love to make projects more labor-intensive than need be whenever I can...haha!


At any rate, this is a very inexpensive and creative way to personalize a holiday table. I hope you'll join me later this month as I create my full Thanksgiving tablescape for "November Meditations."

-Julie


Sharing with: Rustic & Refined, 2 Bees in a Pod, Between Naps on the Porch, Dwellings the Heart of Your Home, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, StoneGable, Domestically Speaking, The Dedicated House, Elizabeth & Co, Share Your Cup, A Delightsome Life, Dwell Beautiful, The Charm of Home, Shabby Art Boutique, French Country Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment