Thursday, December 3, 2015

Decking the Halls

It will be a quiet Christmas season here...our favorite newlyweds will be spending the holidays in Cuba, where our son-in-law was born and raised. For that reason, I'm going simple with décor again this year.

On the front door is a wreath I made from some faux greenery that was left over after our daughter's wedding last December. This natural, unadorned piece can welcome guests throughout the winter.


Also, simple faux greenery, a wreath, lights, and metallic-toned ornaments dress the mantel.


Here are some of the Christmas tree pictures I love to make using vintage and repurposed baubles. I'm especially fond of the green jewelry...



And finally, this nativity set is one that was actually sold as a kids' craft kit years ago. Maybe I'm just a kid at heart, but I painted the figures myself (no kids involved) and really find beauty in its simplicity.


There will be a bit more decking of the halls happening in the dining room, incorporating my very favorite holiday symbol...snowflakes!

See you soon,
Julie

Sharing with: French Country Cottage, The Charm of Home, Shabby Art Boutique, Pieced Pastimes, Between Naps on the Porch, Cozy Little House, Tea Time with Trina, A Very Thrifty Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment