Monday, January 11, 2016

Planning Can Be Fun

I'm sure you saw oodles of adult coloring books as you were doing your holiday shopping...they were everywhere! This new trend has become extremely popular for several reasons. Not only is coloring a creative outlet; it also reduces stress and anxiety.


When searching for a new planner, I thought it might be fun and inspiring to have one that incorporates coloring into my weekly planning sessions. This one provides just the right amount of self-indulgence one day a week, so I can't tell myself I don't have enough time to color. And there's a quirky side of my personality that almost makes me feel obligated to finish the coloring page each week (probably a throw-back to having been a perfectionist student back in the day, haha.)


So far, this new style of planning my weeks is bringing out both the kid and the artist in me. I look forward to organizing my schedule and my life!


Have you joined the throngs of people who are coloring?

Julie


Sharing with: Between Naps on the Porch, Dwellings the Heart of Your Home, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, The Scoop, Domestically Speaking, The Dedicated House, Ivy and Elephants, Share Your Cup Thursday, Shabby Art Boutique, French Country Cottage, Pieced Pastimes

No comments:

Post a Comment