Monday, January 4, 2016

Serene Winter Hearth Room

Even though our homes look and feel so special wearing their holiday shimmer and glitz, it always seems to feel calm and peaceful when our rooms are put back to "normal", doesn't it? Every year, I dread packing all of the baubles, trees, and glitter away; but when it's done, a sense of serenity is restored and I breathe a sigh of contentment.

My original intent for post-Christmas decor in our hearth room was to use a winter theme with snowflakes, bare branches, white, teal, etc. But as I started buzzing around the house looking for decor to use, I began to play with topiaries and finials. Something about the greens felt welcome and restful to me.


Here, I've gathered faux greenery, boxwood balls, and architectural elements for the mantel and wall vases. Abbie, our son's Australian Shepherd, seems to approve.


Since I do love snowflakes, though, a few of them can be found mingling in with the decor. Pillows and a small piece of art I created remind us that winter is definitely here to stay for a few more months.


I think this combination of greens, finials, brass, and hints of teal feel very warm and inviting. This will be the perfect spot to settle in by a cozy fire with a good book and a hot latte.

Happy January, friends!

Julie


Sharing with: Between Naps on the Porch, Dwellings the Heart of Your Home, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, StoneGable, The Dedicated House, Domestically Speaking, Elizabeth & Co, Ivy and Elephants, Lamberts Lately, Share Your Cup, A Delightsome Life, Shabby Art Boutique, French Country Cottage, The Charm of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment