Thursday, February 11, 2016

February Meditations - The Loves of My Life

For my "Meditations" post this month, I thought I'd share a little of my personal story. So many of us bloggers have children, and we all know how deep a mother's love for her children runs. This post is dedicated to the "Loves of My Life."


Here is a photo of our son-in-law, son, and daughter on the happy couple's wedding day.

Our daughter, Jordan, and her husband, Michel, live in Chicago and are both professional dancers. They met while performing together in The Nutcracker several years ago. Jordan has been dancing since the age of 4, and I have many precious memories of her long journey toward fulfilling her dreams. Of course, she is much more than just a dancer. I admire her so much for her moxie, her depth, and her intellect; and she makes me laugh almost every day. Her husband, Michel, is an amazing talent who hails from Cuba. He is kind, generous, hard-working, and we are beyond-blessed to have him as our son-in-law.

Our son, Sam, is currently a pharmacy tech and hopes to complete pharmacy school eventually. He is bright, internal, and complex. He has made me a better person by helping me to learn some important life lessons.


If you are a product of the 60's and 70's, like I am, you might remember these lyrics being sung by Gladys Knight and the Pips. They choke me up every time...

Thank you for indulging me in a little bit of sappiness and bragging, which I generally try to keep to a minimum...life lessons at work, you know ;)

Happy Valentine's Day,

Julie

Sharing with: Share Your Cup, The Charm of Home, Shabby Art Boutique, French Country Cottage, Between Naps on the Porch

No comments:

Post a Comment